Whiteface, TX 79379
Cochran County View Map
This online auction is for the former Girlstown, USA, a private/secluded ±126-acre multi-purpose campus located ±10 miles south of Whiteface at 2490 State HWY 1780 in eastern Cochran County, Texas. The campus includes amenities such as dormitories, staff housing, daycare center with outdoor play equipment, chapel, school, medical clinic, maintenance shop, swimming pool, gym with basketball hoops and rock climbing wall, barn, fire station and fire truck, and more.
Select highlights/amenities of this unique property are as follows:
- Turnkey campus facility
- Accessible from Lubbock Preston Smith International Airport
- 15 minutes or less from South Plains College
- Playground and sports equipment will convey
- Duck pond
- Onsite wells provide water to the campus
This Texas real estate property originally offered a temporary shelter for girls, but developed to provide a stable, long-term home environment for abused and neglected girls and in the later twentieth century expanded services to include predelinquent, delinquent, troubled, and at-risk children. Given the unique features of this sprawling Texas property, this investment would be the perfect fit for:
- Church retreat or summer camp
- Children's summer camp
- Working dude ranch
- Drug treatment/rehab center
- Safe house for victims of domestic violence/abuse
- Retirement center
- Town community center
- Worker housing for oil companies
Whiteface, Texas is located on State Highway 114, ±44 miles west of Lubbock and ±12 miles southeast of Morton, the Cochran County seat. According to the Handbook of Texas, "The name of the town came from rancher C. C. Slaughter's Whiteface Camp and Whiteface Pasture, which were named in turn for the cattle on his ranch." By 1924, Slaughter's son-in-law, Ira P. DeLoache, turned the ranch into the new community of Whiteface. The community was moved several miles the next year to be at the railroad. Oil was discovered near the town in 1937. It was incorporated in 1945.
Downloadable DocumentsProperty Information
- Marketing Flyer Last Updated 14 Feb 1:58 pm CST
- Offering Memorandum Last Updated 14 Feb 1:59 pm CST
- Survey - 3/16/18 Last Updated 28 Mar 5:36 pm CDT
- Floor Plans & Exit Routes Last Updated 24 May 11:26 am CDT
- Detailed Property Description Last Updated 30 May 5:00 pm CDT
- Building Square Footages Last Updated 26 May 11:04 am CDT
- 2010 Detailed Cost Sheet - Fully Operational (Licensed/Regulated) Last Updated 23 May 11:31 am CDT
- 2016 Detailed Cost Sheet - Partially Operational (Unregulated) Last Updated 23 May 11:30 am CDT
- 3 Onsite Sewer Facility Investigation Reports Last Updated 23 May 2:44 pm CDT
- Location Map of Wells 1-3 Last Updated 15 May 11:27 am CDT
- Maintenance Worksheet Last Updated 22 Jun 2:31 pm CDT
- Petroleum Storage Tank Registration Last Updated 23 May 2:54 pm CDT
- Plat of Survey (10/19/93) Last Updated 24 May 5:22 pm CDT
- REI - Permitted Onsite Sewage Facilities Last Updated 23 May 2:46 pm CDT
- TCEQ - UST Registration & Self-Certification Form Last Updated 23 May 2:48 pm CDT
- Updated Broker Flyer - Campus Only Last Updated 31 Jan 6:51 pm CST
- Water Well Information Last Updated 3 Jul 10:34 am CDT
- Well 1 Data Last Updated 8 May 2:00 pm CDT
- Well 2 Data Last Updated 15 May 11:32 am CDT
- Well 3 Data Last Updated 15 May 11:33 am CDT
- Bid Deposit Form Last Updated 19 Jun 8:48 pm CDT
- Broker Participation Last Updated 2 Mar 6:09 pm CST
- Terms and Conditions of Sale (PLEASE READ BEFORE PLACING A BID) Last Updated 3 Jan 6:21 pm CST
- Sample Contractual Documents Last Updated 3 Jan 6:37 pm CST
- Sample General Sub-Escrow Provisions Last Updated 12 Jul 6:19 pm CDT
- About Republic Escrow Last Updated 3 Jan 6:24 pm CST
- Escrow FAQs Last Updated 3 Jan 6:25 pm CST
- Preliminary Title Report Last Updated 10 Jul 4:33 pm CDT
- Republic Escrow Fee Schedule Last Updated 22 May 5:46 pm CDT
- Texas Real Property Taxes Last Updated 8 May 12:45 pm CDT
- Texas Vestings Last Updated 8 May 12:44 pm CDT
If you would like to visit this property, please complete and submit the Temporary Access Agreement
You will need a registered account and be 'Signed In' to view and complete the document.
Once you have submitted the agreement, please contact the Property Representative to set up an appointment.
This is an Auction Plus event in which a financing contingency is permitted. On the bid form you will be asked to include financing details.
For further details about Financing, please read the Terms and Conditions of Sale located in the Documents section or contact the FRE.com Support Team.
Broker of Record for this property: WestMark Commercial, TX license #9000344
All information contained on FRE.com and dispensed by the Support Staff, Property Representative and other agents of the Seller is from sources deemed reliable and is not warranted or guaranteed by the Seller, its partners or related companies, LFC Communications, Inc., LFC Marketing Services, Inc., or any of their agents. Buyers shall rely entirely on their own judgment and inspection.
How to Buy
1Set up a free user account
Free registration with no obligation. Your account provides access to additional information and documents, as well as email updates.
2Search & Select
Our website features different assets - Real Estate and REIT shares. Utilize our advanced search criteria to narrow down your selection.
Access property information to make better-informed decisions. Available information varies depending on each real estate asset type.
4Submit Deposit (if required)
Prior to placing a bid, you may need to submit a deposit. Deposits can be submitted using credit card, wire transfer or check.
5Place Online Bid
Place bids on your selected asset prior to the deadline. Specifics vary for each asset.
6Winner is Declared
Buyer deposits purchase funds, and closing coordinator assists Buyer and Seller with final paperwork.