±501 Acres on the Irish Bayou
Orleans County View Map
- Credit Card
Contingencies may be included with your bid
This online auction is for a total of ±501.9 acres on the Irish Bayou consisting of one small parcel and two large parcels that provide excellent waterfowl hunting and fishing opportunities.
The two large vacant land parcels are located near the northern tip of Orleans Parish with water frontage on Lake Pontchartrain and Irish Bayou in New Orleans East, Louisiana. The largest parcel contains ±353 acres and the smaller parcel contains ±146 acres. Both parcels are primarily accessible via boat and are located outside the flood protection levee which begins near the southern property line of both parcels. These two parcels comprise freshwater and brackish marshes with areas of open water.
The small parcel is ±2.89 acres and fronts the west side of U.S. Highway 11. It is located within the protected levee system and comprises freshwater and brackish marsh/wetlands.
The subject is essentially surrounded by the Bayou Sauvage National Wildlife Refuge.
- The two larger parcels have extensive water frontage on Lake Pontchartrain/Irish Bayou, but no highway frontage for access. The highest and best use for the two larger parcels is for conservation/ recreational uses including hunting/fishing.
- The smaller residential-zoned parcel has more development potential due to it's highway frontage, slightly higher elevation and, most importantly, its location within the protected levee system. The best use for this parcel is for camp/residential uses or possibly conservation/recreational use.
Click the link below to access more information on Eastern New Orleans, LA:
Downloadable DocumentsProperty Information
- Hunting & Regulations Guide Last Updated 24 Oct 3:04 pm CDT
- Marketing Flyer Last Updated 9 Nov 3:00 pm CST
- Offering Memorandum Last Updated 9 Nov 2:59 pm CST
- City of New Orleans 2017 Secondary Real Estate Tax Bill Last Updated 12 Jul 12:12 pm CDT
- Highway 11/Irish Bayou Appraisal Last Updated 12 Jul 12:13 pm CDT
- Irish Bayou Hunting Club 2017 Lease Extension Last Updated 24 Jul 6:25 pm CDT
- Survey - October 22, 1986 Last Updated 12 Jul 12:14 pm CDT
- Survey - September 15, 1989 Last Updated 24 Jul 6:26 pm CDT
- Bid Deposit Form Last Updated 19 Nov 2:13 am CST
- Broker Participation Last Updated 26 Jun 1:54 pm CDT
- Terms and Conditions of Sale (READ BEORE BIDDING) Last Updated 28 Aug 10:27 am CDT
- SAMPLE Auction Addendum Last Updated 15 Oct 4:46 pm CDT
- SAMPLE Purchase & Sale Agreement Last Updated 15 Oct 4:32 pm CDT
If you would like to visit this property or any other property in this auction event, you are required to execute and electronically submit a Temporary Access Agreement.
If you visit this property or any other property in this auction without first executing a Temporary Access Agreement, you will be trespassing. Please don’t trespass on any properties in this auction event.
Click below to review, execute and electronically submit the Temporary Access Agreement.
Click here to begin
This is an Auction Plus event in which a financing contingency is permitted. On the bid form you will be asked to include financing details.
Broker of Record for this property: Bart Shirley, LA license #TBD
All information contained on FRE.com and dispensed by the Support Staff, Property Representative and other agents of the Seller is from sources deemed reliable and is not warranted or guaranteed by the Seller, its partners or related companies, LFC Communications, Inc., LFC Marketing Services, Inc., or any of their agents. Buyers shall rely entirely on their own judgment and inspection.
How to Buy
1Set up a free user account
Free registration with no obligation. Your account provides access to additional information and documents, as well as email updates.
2Search & Select
Our website features different assets - Real Estate and REIT shares. Utilize our advanced search criteria to narrow down your selection.
Access property information to make better-informed decisions. Available information varies depending on each real estate asset type.
4Submit Deposit (if required)
Prior to placing a bid, you may need to submit a deposit. Deposits can be submitted using credit card, wire transfer or check.
5Place Online Bid
Place bids on your selected asset prior to the deadline. Specifics vary for each asset.
6Winner is Declared
Buyer deposits purchase funds, and closing coordinator assists Buyer and Seller with final paperwork.