McDowell County View Map
- Credit Card
Contingencies may be included with your bid
This online auction is for ±4,398 acres of timberland in Browns Creek, located just south of Marytown in McDowell County, WV.
Select features/highlights include:
- Over 160,000 linear feet of streams were recently restored on the property for a stream mitigation bank* project and ±2,273 acres of stream buffer areas are protected from development by a conservation easement.**
- The tract has ±2,125 acres of unrestricted timberland and good access, as well as interior access roads/trails.
- There are also "In Holding Parcels" within the boundaries of the property (±279 acres) which are parcels of land that are owned by third parties.
- The deer and wildlife populations are thriving due to the recent restoration work done by the property owner.
* Stream Mitigation Bank – A stream mitigation bank is the restoration of stream and associated riparian buffer areas by a private company to generate credits certified by the Army Corps of Engineers that can be purchased by third parties to offset expected adverse impacts from development projects to similar nearby stream ecosystems.
** Conservation Easement – A conservation easement, or deed restriction, is a perpetual restriction placed on a piece of property to protect the land and its resources for future generations while allowing owners to retain many private property rights. On this particular property, the conservation easement protects the stream restoration work that was done and ensures the conservation area will remain in its natural condition in perpetuity. The landowner is allowed to use the property in the conservation area for any purpose that does not conflict with the conservation easement. Activities that are not permitted within the conservation area include building structures or roads, changing the topography of the land, commercial tree harvesting, and agricultural activities.
Click the link below to access more information on Browns Creek, McDowell County, WV:
Downloadable DocumentsProperty Information
- Marketing Flyer Last Updated 5 Sep 5:16 pm EDT
- Marytown Appraisal Report - May 2018 Last Updated 29 Aug 3:48 pm EDT
- Offering Memorandum Last Updated 28 Aug 4:32 pm EDT
- Lease Agreement Last Updated 25 Jul 4:01 pm EDT
- Marytown Aerial with Permanent Access Road Last Updated 25 Jul 1:51 pm EDT
- Marytown Deed Restriction Confirmation (Page 1) Last Updated 25 Jul 1:56 pm EDT
- Marytown Site Overview Map with Branches Last Updated 25 Jul 2:00 pm EDT
- Marytown Topo Map Last Updated 25 Jul 1:57 pm EDT
- Umbrella Mitigation Banking Instrument & Authorization (Copperas Mitigation Bank) Last Updated 25 Jul 3:55 pm EDT
- Deed on Marytown 1 of 2 Last Updated 5 Jul 6:13 pm EDT
- Deed of Marytown 2 of 2 Last Updated 5 Jul 6:14 pm EDT
- Deed Restriction Marytown Last Updated 5 Jul 7:06 pm EDT
- Final Draft Marytown Mitigation Plan Last Updated 5 Jul 7:05 pm EDT
- Marytown Site Overview with Acreage Last Updated 5 Jul 6:05 pm EDT
- Bid Deposit Form Last Updated 19 Sep 10:19 pm EDT
- Terms and Conditions of Sale (READ BEFORE BIDDING) Last Updated 28 Aug 11:36 am EDT
- Broker Participation Last Updated 9 Jul 5:06 pm EDT
If you would like to visit this property or any other property in the auction event, please complete and submit the Temporary Access Agreement
You will need a registered account and be 'Signed In' to view and complete the TAA.
If you haven’t agreed to and submitted the TAA prior to visiting this property or any other property in this auction event, you will be considered trespassing. Please don’t trespass on any of the properties in this auction event.
Click here to begin
This is an Auction Plus event in which a financing contingency is permitted. On the bid form you will be asked to include financing details.
For further details about Financing, please read the Terms and Conditions of Sale located in the Documents section or contact the FRE.com Support Team.
Broker of Record for this property: TBD, WV license #1010
All information contained on FRE.com and dispensed by the Support Staff, Property Representative and other agents of the Seller is from sources deemed reliable and is not warranted or guaranteed by the Seller, its partners or related companies, LFC Communications, Inc., LFC Marketing Services, Inc., or any of their agents. Buyers shall rely entirely on their own judgment and inspection.
How to Buy
1Set up a free user account
Free registration with no obligation. Your account provides access to additional information and documents, as well as email updates.
2Search & Select
Our website features different assets - Real Estate and REIT shares. Utilize our advanced search criteria to narrow down your selection.
Access property information to make better-informed decisions. Available information varies depending on each real estate asset type.
4Submit Deposit (if required)
Prior to placing a bid, you may need to submit a deposit. Deposits can be submitted using credit card, wire transfer or check.
5Place Online Bid
Place bids on your selected asset prior to the deadline. Specifics vary for each asset.
6Winner is Declared
Buyer deposits purchase funds, and closing coordinator assists Buyer and Seller with final paperwork.