Yankton, SD 57078
Yankton County View Map
- Credit Card
The former Yankton post office at 335 Walnut Street was constructed in 1905.
This two-story Renaissance Revival style granite building is centrally located in downtown Yankton and is an ideal location for social events and a veritable hub for local gatherings.
The exterior facade is in pristine condition with intricate cornices and the perennial, patriotic eagle statue adorning the roof directly above the entrance. The interior is meticulously decorated with vaulted ceilings, ornate moldings, terrazzo floors, a classic L-shaped staircase, with granite and marble detailing throughout the main floor.
The possibilities are endless for this timeless property as it lends itself to mixed use functions, including residential, office, and retail.Select highlights/features of the property and area are as follows:
- ±13,065 SF historically preserved post office building on ±0.45-acre corner lot
- Built in 1905; addition built in 1950
- The roof was replaced in 2018 and has a 15 year warranty
- Lewis and Clark Theatre Company is directly across the street
- Dakota Territorial Museum is only a few minutes away
- The Bash to the Colonies Regatta, held in August, is a philanthropic sailing event that raises money for local charities
- Fox Run municipal golf course, and the private golf course located at Hillcrest Golf and Country Club
- 78 miles to Sioux Falls, SD
- 63 miles to Sioux City, SD, IA, NE
It is one of twenty landmark structures in downtown Yankton, and it’s on the National Register of Historic Places.
The building has two main floors. The basement has a few finished offices and is primarily used as the location of the hot water boiler and main electrical panels. The building has a single pitch roof with the main structure covered by a rubber membrane.
Tax and funding incentives are available. For more information, click here:click here
View Google Earth Property Tour Below
Downloadable DocumentsProperty Information
- Offering Memorandum Last Updated 31 Jul 3:51 pm CDT
- Marketing Flyer Last Updated 17 Aug 5:54 pm CDT
- Historic Approval Last Updated 31 Jul 7:04 pm CDT
- Letter to NPS Last Updated 31 Jul 7:03 pm CDT
- Restrictive Covenant Last Updated 31 Jul 7:00 pm CDT
- Elevations Last Updated 31 Jul 5:45 pm CDT
- Basement Floor Plan As Is Last Updated 31 Jul 5:42 pm CDT
- Main Floor Plan As Is Last Updated 31 Jul 5:43 pm CDT
- Second Floor Plan As Is Last Updated 31 Jul 5:44 pm CDT
- Historic Building Drawings Last Updated 24 Jul 10:15 am CDT
- 2011 Environmental Report Last Updated 24 Jul 9:59 am CDT
- ALTA Survey Last Updated 23 Jul 3:08 pm CDT
- Bid Deposit Form Last Updated 19 Aug 7:18 am CDT
- Terms and Conditions of Sale (READ BEFORE BIDDING) Last Updated 2 Aug 7:26 pm CDT
- Broker Participation Last Updated 25 Jul 2:35 pm CDT
If you would like to visit this property, please complete and submit the Temporary Access Agreement
You will need a registered account and be 'Signed In' to view and complete the document.
Once you have submitted the agreement, please contact the Property Representative to set up an appointment.
There is not a Preferred Lender for this auction. You may not include a financing contingency with your bid.
If you intend to purchase the property ALL CASH, you will be required to provide proof of verifiable funds prior to the offer deadline.
For further details about Financing, please read the Terms and Conditions of Sale located in the Documents section or contact the FRE.com Support Team.
All information contained on FRE.com and dispensed by the Support Staff, Property Representative and other agents of the Seller is from sources deemed reliable and is not warranted or guaranteed by the Seller, its partners or related companies, LFC Communications, Inc., LFC Marketing Services, Inc., or any of their agents. Buyers shall rely entirely on their own judgment and inspection.
How to Buy
1Set up a free user account
Free registration with no obligation. Your account provides access to additional information and documents, as well as email updates.
2Search & Select
Our website features different assets - Real Estate and REIT shares. Utilize our advanced search criteria to narrow down your selection.
Access property information to make better-informed decisions. Available information varies depending on each real estate asset type.
4Submit Deposit (if required)
Prior to placing a bid, you may need to submit a deposit. Deposits can be submitted using credit card, wire transfer or check.
5Place Online Bid
Place bids on your selected asset prior to the deadline. Specifics vary for each asset.
6Winner is Declared
Buyer deposits purchase funds, and closing coordinator assists Buyer and Seller with final paperwork.