Converted Historic Church/Home + Studio/Home
Amador Cty, CA 95601
Amador County View Map
- Credit Card
Contingencies may be included with your bid
TURNKEY, FULLY-FURNISHED wine country retreat (see Excluded Assets below). Nestled in the Shenandoah Valley wine country, the ± 1.7 acres of manicured grounds includes two homes and offers the perfect backdrop for a secluded get away or to host fabulous parties. The Shenandoah Valley is one of California's most precious hidden gems, boasting 45+ award winning wineries.
The rear home is an enchanting, historic church, meticulously renovated into a beautiful home and is acclaimed as the most dazzling and unique residence in the county.
The front house offers a more modern feel with an eclectic assortment of world-class antiques. The main floor features a large entertaining area with kitchen, bathroom and studio space. The owners have had several large events with up to 300 people on the property from weddings to an annual town wine-and-dine potluck party in honor of the tomato.
Between and surrounding the two homes is a garden paradise masterfully blending raw natural beauty, rich architecture, and antique charm; offering a one-of-a-kind property to cherish for generations.
Church Renovation Highlights and Features
The renovation efforts focused on keeping as much of the 1877 church intact as possible and preserving its rich history, while creating a modern space for living. The confessionals are still in place, being used as a cupboard for wine storage/food stuff and housing the oven/microwave. The altar was preserved and converted into a counter that houses the stove and utensils. The Tabernacle was rescued and can be used as a private altar. The original flooring was kept and preserved. The raised steps into the TV area was the location of the original altar.
Highlights/Features of the Grounds are as Follows:
- Three major structures on the property - the church, the studio and the arch - all speak to each other through their arch designs reflecting the church windows.
- There are several outdoor living spaces, like the arch where you can sit and enjoy a drink watching the evening sun cast a glow on the town hills.
- A Chinese structure at the top of the property is complete with cherry trees.
- Large fire pit area
- Garden area is designed with underground wiring to keep out gophers and is a rich soil for growing outstanding vegetables and flowers
- Variety of fruit trees on the property, including an old quince tree
Amador City is located only two miles from Sutter Creek on Highway 49, Amador City is the state’s smallest incorporated city by area. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 0.3 square miles (0.78 km2), all of which is land, making it the smallest city in California by size.
Click the link below to learn more about Amador City:
Amador County is located in the Sierra Nevada Mountains of California approximately 45 miles (72 km) southeast of Sacramento. As of 2010, the population was 38,091. Amador County bills itself as "The Heart of the Mother Lode" and lies within the Gold Country. There is a substantial wine-growing industry in the county in the Shenandoah Valley with over 45 wineries. This up-and-coming wine region has been famed, “The Next Napa Valley” by publications such as Sunset Magazine and Via.
Click the link below to learn more about Amador County:
View Nearby Points of Interest | Google Earth Property Tour
Downloadable DocumentsProperty Information
- Marketing Flyer Last Updated 7 Nov 2:19 pm PST
- 10570 Fleehart St Plat Map Last Updated 12 Sep 10:19 am PDT
- 10570 Fleehart St Taxes 2017-2018 Last Updated 11 Sep 12:38 pm PDT
- 10602 Fleehart St Plat Map Last Updated 12 Sep 10:19 am PDT
- 10602 Fleehart St Taxes 2017-2018 Last Updated 11 Sep 12:39 pm PDT
- Amador City Circa 1904 & 1922 Last Updated 11 Sep 1:24 pm PDT
- Amador City Circa 1925, 1926 & 1934 Last Updated 11 Sep 1:25 pm PDT
- Church History Last Updated 11 Sep 1:44 pm PDT
- Church Rendering & History Last Updated 11 Sep 1:45 pm PDT
- Churches of the Mother Lode Last Updated 11 Sep 1:46 pm PDT
- Excluded Assets Last Updated 21 Sep 11:29 am PDT
- Old Church Photo Last Updated 11 Sep 2:10 pm PDT
- Property History and Highlights Last Updated 11 Sep 2:57 pm PDT
- Survey Last Updated 11 Sep 1:46 pm PDT
- Bid Deposit Form Last Updated 18 Nov 11:47 pm PST
- Broker Participation Last Updated 10 Sep 4:37 pm PDT
- Terms and Conditions of Sale (READ BEFORE BIDDING) Last Updated 22 Aug 3:08 pm PDT
If you would like to visit this property or any other property in this auction event, you are required to execute and electronically submit a Temporary Access Agreement.
If you visit this property or any other property in this auction without first executing a Temporary Access Agreement, you will be trespassing. Please don’t trespass on any properties in this auction event.
Click below to review, execute and electronically submit the Temporary Access Agreement.
Click here to begin
This is an Auction Plus event in which a financing contingency is permitted. On the bid form you will be asked to include financing details.
Broker of Record for this property: LFC Marketing Services, Inc., CA license #01197453
All information contained on FRE.com and dispensed by the Support Staff, Property Representative and other agents of the Seller is from sources deemed reliable and is not warranted or guaranteed by the Seller, its partners or related companies, LFC Communications, Inc., LFC Marketing Services, Inc., or any of their agents. Buyers shall rely entirely on their own judgment and inspection.
How to Buy
1Set up a free user account
Free registration with no obligation. Your account provides access to additional information and documents, as well as email updates.
2Search & Select
Our website features different assets - Real Estate and REIT shares. Utilize our advanced search criteria to narrow down your selection.
Access property information to make better-informed decisions. Available information varies depending on each real estate asset type.
4Submit Deposit (if required)
Prior to placing a bid, you may need to submit a deposit. Deposits can be submitted using credit card, wire transfer or check.
5Place Online Bid
Place bids on your selected asset prior to the deadline. Specifics vary for each asset.
6Winner is Declared
Buyer deposits purchase funds, and closing coordinator assists Buyer and Seller with final paperwork.